Update on the giving up coffee situation:
Ok so I’ve been working reeeeeally hard recently.
And I can’t work without coffee!
My mum, bless her heart, is sending some Rooibos tea (which is caffeine-free and very good for you) to me from the other side of the world. Freshpak, the real South African deal (I know it’s authentic coz this colourful box is a mainstay in Lize’s kitchen):
Here’s the plan: I’ll be guilted into mainlining rooibos tea instead of the feine through the horrendous thought of the food miles those teabags have travelled to get to me, as follows:
- From growers to exporters in South Africa;
- From South Africa to New Zealand by plane;
- From an importer in Auckland to Napier Pak n’ Save by truck;
- From Napier Pak n’ Save to the little beach community half an hour north of there where Mum and Dad live, by car;
- From their place back to Napier to be posted, by car;
- From Napier to our little village in Hungary, by van, plane, van;
- From the village post office to our house, in the capable hands of the world’s loveliest postie (me, accepting package: ‘Thank you’; she: ‘Oh you’re VERY welcome!’), by bike.
Guilt: one of the most effective tools available to womankind for getting shit done. Right?